Home Decor Ideas: Putting a Sofa in the Bedroom
Sofas in the bedroom might seem like a strange idea at first, but they can actually be a great way to add extra seating and style to the space. If you're considering adding a sofa to your bedroom, here are a few tips to help you make it look great:
- Choose the Right Size Sofa for the Space - A too-large sofa will make the room feel cramped, while a too-small sofa will look out of place. Measure the space before you shop to make sure you choose a sofa that's just the right size.
- Keep Foot Traffic Patterns in Mind - When you're planning where to put your sofa, keep foot traffic patterns in mind. You want to ensure that there is enough space for people to walk around the sofa and that people won't be walking through the middle of the room to get to another area. The last thing you want is for people to have to walk around the sofa to get to the other side of the room since it's blocking the doorway or windows.
- Pay Attention to the Fabric - If the room gets a lot of sunlight, choose a light-coloured fabric that won't fade. If the room is mostly used for relaxing, choose a cozy fabric like velvet or microfiber.
- Think About the Balance of Your Room - When you're placing the sofa in your bedroom, make sure that it is balanced with the rest of the pieces in the room. You don't want the sofa to be too small or too big for the space. Try to keep the couch in proportion with the other pieces in the bedroom, like the bed or your bedside table.
- Accessorize the Sofa to Make It Look Great - Add a few pillows in coordinating colours and patterns, and drape a throw blanket over the back of the sofa. These simple touches will make the sofa look pulled together and stylish.
- Consider the Style of the Room When Choosing a Sofa - If your bedroom has a modern feel, look for a sofa with clean lines and a simple design. If the room is more traditional, choose a sofa with more ornate details.
- Place the Sofa in the Right Spot - If the room is small, put the sofa against a wall to open up the space. If the room is large, consider floating the couch in the middle of the room.
- Create an Accent Wall to Place Your Sofa - A great way to make your sofa stand out is to create an accent wall behind it. You can do this by painting the wall a different colour than the other walls in the room or by hanging a piece of art above the sofa. This will make the sofa the focal point of the room, and it will look great.
A sofa in the bedroom can definitely add a touch of luxury and comfort. Not a lot of people are brave enough to put a sofa in their bedroom, but it can be quite a good investment. With a little bit of planning and forethought, a sofa in the bedroom can be a stylish and functional addition to any home.
Now that you've seen some great ideas for putting a sofa in your bedroom, it's time to get everything you need to pull off that stylish and functional room. Couch9 brings you handpicked statement pieces for your home. From couch sofa beds to area rugs and accent chairs, we have it all for you. We are your go-to store for premium home decor in Canada. Check out our furniture and home decor collection today!